Sunday 16 December 2012

Day 58: December 16

I am feeling much better and for some reason, the internet is really slow.
Guys, I read The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I cried. I have never cried from a book before. John Green is a seriously amazing writer, and manages to portray the character's feelings so you at feeling the exact same thing yourself. He has that amazing ability to make the characters seem like real people - like you're their friend, like you're right there next to them.
Cancer. Such a sad, tragic 'disease'. Obviously cancer is horrible and I never wish anyone to have it, but reading this book actually shows me the devastating effects that cancer has on people. Authors, and other people, always glass over how it makes them feel, or they just don't seem to capture the exact feelings. This book...wow. This thing, cancer, is just something I wish never existed and I very much hope a cure can be found. Following my love of The Fault In Our Stars (and also my reading of Looking For Alaska), I have preceded to buy five of John Green's books. (http://www.bookdepository.com)

Fifty-eight islands in the world:
1. Australia
2. Greenland
3. Madagascar
4. Borneo
5. New Guinea
6. North Island, New Zealand
7. Great Britain
8. Sumatra
9. Indonesia
10. Philippines
11. Japan
12. Malaysia
13. Maldives
14. Cuba
15. Iceland
16. Hawaii
17. Lombok
18. Java
19. South Island, New Zealand
20. Canary Islands
21. Statten Island
22. Cape Verde
23. Samoa
24. Tonga
25. The Cook Islands
26. French Polynesia
27. Fiji
28. Easter Island
29. Tokelau
30. Niue
31. Wallis and Futuna
32. The Solomon Islands
33. Vanuatu
34. Corfu
35. Crete
36. Seychelles
37. Mauritius
38. Reunion
39. Zanzibar
40. Rodrigues
41. Comoros
42. Sao Tome and Principe
43. Mayotte
44. Annobon
45. Madeira Islands
46. Azores
47. Saint Helena
48. Lamu Island
49. Bassas de India
50. Ascension
51. Pemba
52. Glorioso Islands
53. Juan de Novo Island
54. Tristan da Cunha
55. Tromelin Island
56. Coney Island
57. Mariana Islands
58. Equatorial Islands

"What did one ocean say to the other ocean?"
"Nothing, it just waved."

Just on a serious note:
- Sandy Hook Elementary Massacre -
My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those who have passed. I wish the families and friends nothing but the best. I hope they have continuous support, especially over the next couple of weeks, but also for the next couple of years. I hope nothing like this every EVER happens to them or people they know, or  to  NO-ONE at all. To the victims of this terrible tragedy, may you rest in peace. May your souls go to a happier place and just know that you will never ever be forgotten. 


No comments:

Post a Comment